About Our ClinicCabbagetown Women's Clinic, established in 1989, was among the first clinics in Ontario to provide medical services to women seeking a legal and safe abortion. The clinic is licensed as an Independent Health Facility (IHF) funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. It is also a registered member of the National Abortion Federation (NAF).
All medical services are provided under the guidance and oversight of the clinic's Medical Director, Dr. M. Buruiana. Dr. Buruiana has been performing therapeutic abortions for over 20 years. His knowledge and expertise in this field render him highly regarded by his peers. Dr. Buruiana is committed to ensuring that women receive the highest quality of care at Cabbagetown Women's Clinic. The clinic has an outstanding reputation based on its high standards of patient care.
Cabbagetown Women's Clinic offers women:
- Both first trimester (5-12 weeks gestation) and second trimester (13-23 weeks gestation) therapeutic abortion procedures
- 100% coverage with valid Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP).
- Abortion services at a reasonable fee for Out-of-Province patients. Fees may be reimbursable in part or in full by the patient's provincial health insurance plan. Out-of-Country patients may also be reimbursed by their own private health insurance. (Please check with your insurance provider).
- Pre-abortion counseling, ultrasound and other medical assistance.
- Post-abortion family planning, such as different methods of birth control, IUD insertion and post-op follow-up care.
- At home' setting providing a more intimate, comfortable and friendly atmosphere. A knowledgeable, caring and supportive staff on hand at all times.
- Services in a number of languages: English, French, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Filipino.
- Toll-free telephone services in several parts of Ontario. The clinic also accepts collect telephone calls from person/s who cannot access the toll-free services.
- Routine, no-charge STD testing and on-site treatment.
Patients who are not Ontario residents, please call the clinic for appropriate fees.
Cabbagetown Women's Clinic provides FREE services for up to 23 weeks.
Abortion Clinics In Toronto, Cabbagetown Women's Clinic
A female staff member will meet you at the front porch of the clinic. For security reasons, she will ask for an ID/OHIP card to ensure that you have an appointment with the clinic...
You may experience slight cramping discomfort during the procedure. We try our best to minimize the discomfort by administering adequate local freezing and to provide patients with sufficient pain medication.